In this class we will look at how warmed bamboo wooden sticks can be used in a full body massage. You can offer this as an additional unique massage treatment or incorporate the techniques into your existing massage sessions. This modality is great to perform year-round as it does not feel uncomfortably hot for you to perform or for your clients to receive. During this comprehensive training you will gain understanding of the historical and therapeutic affects and benefits of performing warm bamboo massage. The indications and contraindications for warm bamboo massage will be discussed. By the end of the workshop you will be familiar with the handling of the various shapes and sizes of the bamboo wood sticks, how to warm them, how to clean them, as well as learning a full body warm bamboo massage routine. Participants will also be introduced as to how to incorporate the use of essential oils into this unique modality should that be a desired addition. This is easy to learn and brings something new to your existing practice, as well as your clients enjoying the warmth of a heated tool to soothe and relax tight muscles, it also can add depth to provide deep tissue specific work.
This treatment modality not only adds enrichment to your massage sessions but also benefits you as a manual therapist by giving your hands and wrists a break by using a tool. This style of massaging with warm bamboo wooden sticks can be relaxing, deep, specific and/or broad depending on your clients needs and which techniques are used, as you will be able to customize it to your clients preferences. It is growing in popularity and often requested.
*Come join in this unique training and register soon as this class requires you to purchase materials needed in advance.
Dates: April 29th & 30Th, 2023
Time: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Each Day
Cortiva Institute – Cromwell campus
45 Shunpike Road, Suite 10
Cromwell, Connecticut 06416
CE Credits: 16
What to bring:
- Massage linens including a blanket and face cradle cover
- 2 hand towels and 1 pillow case
- 1 bottle of fractionated coconut oil (please do not bring regular coconut oil as the appropriate product is needed to perform this massage technique)
- A bamboo massage wooden stick set made up of the following: 2 tapotement sticks 14” x 2” / 1 long round 16” x 1.25” / 1 small round 6” x 1.2” / 4 half rounds 6” x 1/2” check out options on the massage warehouse website: (please do not purchase hollow bamboo)
- Option to purchase your bamboo massage stick set from the instructor for $125 if ordered through instructor 2 weeks ahead of start date by request via website: www.wellnessbursts.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 automatic digital electric moist heating pad approximately 26” or 27” x 14” / thermo tech moist heating pad is highly recommended brand (recommended you order in advance as they often sell out – check out Amazon) please be sure to order a heating pad where the cloth cover can be removed and there are a few heat setting options
Instructor: Alecia Davidson
Alecia Davidson has over 30 years of combined experience in the massage, esthetic/skincare, and wellness industry as a practitioner, consultant, owner, and educator. She is a Licensed Massage Therapist, Para-Medical Esthetician, Spa Body Practitioner and a Certified Professional Life Coach. Alecia has extensive post-graduate continuing education training: including the use of medicinal essential oils, spa modalities, advanced esthetics, specialty massage modalities, and as a life and career coach. She was formerly a Yonka-Paris product educator and has also studied under several renown Dermatologists and Cosmetic Surgeons during her employment at a medical spa.
She has been an Instuctor for over 20 years teaching CEU courses in several modalities (such as: Himalayan salt stones, warm bamboo, hot stone, facial massage, lymphatic drainage, aromatherapy/raindrop technique, and body treatments including salt scrubs/mud/seaweed/ herbal wraps) and is currently employed at Cortiva Institute and in private practice as the owner of Wellness Bursts. Alecia’s dedication and passion comes through in every class she teaches and her extensive background, knowledge and expertise is what keeps her valued as a leader in the industry.
For more information, to schedule an appointment, consultation, or class visit Alecia’s website at: www.wellnessbursts.com