This course teaches safe, effective, efficient, and innovative applications of Positional Release Methods. It is a hands-on course that will provide the attendee methods of assessment and treatment that can immediately be incorporated into their current manual practice.
Upon completion of this course, the manual therapist will be able to:
• Perform safe, effective, efficient and innovative applications of Positional Release Methods
• Identify the best case scenarios to use and apply Positional Release Methods
• Explain the anatomy and pathophysiological mechanisms causing dysfunction expressed in the soft tissues
• Describe the mechanisms of Acton explaining the effectiveness of Positional Release Methods
• List possible contraindications in using Positional Release Methods
• The education is provided using multiple mode methods including visual, oral, and manual (tactile) modalities. Demonstration and hands-on practice with guidance is used. Question and answer with repetition of important concepts is also used.
• Prior attendance of the Foundations of Holistic Manual Therapy – Introduction course taught by Dr. Todd Bezilla
Date: Saturday, September 10th, 2022
Time: 9 am – 5 pm (Please arrive no later than 15 minutes early.)
Instructor: Todd Bezilla, D.O., M.Ed., B.S., C.S.C.S
Cortiva Institute – King of Prussia
211 South Gulph Road, Suite 100
King of Prussia, PA 19406
CE Credits: 7 Live CEs (PA State Massage Board Approved)
What to bring:
Attendees should bring – a towel or sheet – to cover the table for hygiene. They should also dress in loose, comfortable clothing. The instructor tries to teach and have attendees work in a way where they will not be required to disrobe, as long as their clothing is loose and non-restricting and allows ease of touch and movement.
About the Instructor:
Dr. Todd Bezilla is a life-long health and fitness enthusiast that has been professionally providing Holistic health & fitness education and services for over 30 years.
Dr. Bezilla has devoted himself to sharing his knowledge and teaching others what he has learned during his life about the science and art of Holistic health & fitness.
This passion for helping others is what motivates Dr. Bezilla to develop and teach his educational courses. He feels that by teaching others his knowledge and methods, more people will be able to be helped.
Dr. Bezilla has taught thousands of manual therapists, personal trainers, and other health and fitness professionals. He has also worked with a variety of individuals in various settings, to help them learn how to achieve and experience improvements in their personal health and quality of life.
Academically, Dr. Bezilla has earned a Bachelors of Science (B.S.) in Chemistry-Biology, a Masters of Education (M.Ed.) in Exercise Physiology, and a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) – he also achieved AOBNM board certification in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (NMM/OMM) and competency certification in Cranial Osteopathy. Additionally, he earned the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.) credential.