Do you finish your day giving massage exhausted and in pain?
This workshop will forever change the way you approach Deep Tissue Massage. Come learn how to perform deeper massage without harming yourself or the client with a variety of myofascial, trigger point and passive/ active engagement techniques your client will love. This workshop includes a thorough exploration of Core Body Mechanics, ergonomics, and our signature ” No Thumbs” Dep Tissue Techniques so that you will never dread seeing deep tissue sessions on your books again!
Therapists will learn:
- Core Body Mechanics in standing, seated and kneeling positions
- Research around the detrimental effects of forward head posture and digital compression with thumbs when performing massage.
- How to work with medial/lateral shin splints, plantar fasciitis, lower back pain, tennis & golfers elbow and more.
- The emotional intelligence of the fight/flight nervous system and the amygdala.
- “No Thumbs” Deep Tissue Techniques for all regions of the body.
The workshop is split into two separate days, You may take one day or both.
- Day One – Upper Body = 7 CE’s
- Day Two- Lower Body = 7 CE’s
Date: Saturday, August 19th and Sunday, August 20th, 2023
Time: 9:30am to 5:30pm both days
Location: Cortiva Institute – Maitland Campus
2600 Lake Lucien Drive, Suite 140 | Maitland, FL 32751
Instructor: Eric Stephenson, LMBT
Eric Stephenson, LMBT is co-founder of imassage, Inc. in Chapel Hill, NC. Eric creates continuing education focused on career longevity for massage schools, spas and professional organizations specializing in Deep Tissue Massage that does not harm the therapist or the client. All workshops focus on saving your hands with his ” No Thumbs!” approach & Core Body Mechanics that help prolong your career.
Eric has been teaching workshops internationally for over 15 years and has worked with the most respected names in the industry including- Sandals Resorts, Mii Amo Sedona, Wynn/ Encore Las Vegas, Grove Park Inn Asheville and Kamalaya Thailand.
Eric serves as Chief Wellness Officer for elements Massage, one of the largest massage providers of massage therapy in the country. In addition, he is a former member of the International Spa Association (ISPA) Board of Directors in Lexington, KY.
Contact Eric at email@example.com