TREATING MIGRAINES AND OTHER HEADACHES WITH
MASSAGE THERAPY AND LIFE STYLE CHANGES
Because Migraine headaches and their causes are not fully understood this makes the treatment of them even more difficult than other headaches.
Therefore it’s important that we examine some of the underlying elements that can be responsible for these dreadful headaches.
- Reduce the amount of migraine headaches a patient may suffer over a course of time, usually in 1 month increments.
- Reduce the severity of the pain and effects that they have come to deal with and accept, which will allow the person to once again be more productive and active.
- Reduce the medication that they are presently taking; as these medications become stronger, they also have strong side effects.
- Relieve pain and try to stop the migraine in its tracks.
- Prevent migraine headaches by removing key elements that can be responsible for their development.
As we learn this information we’ll also take a look at the anatomy in a way that we may never have viewed it before, and using a treatment pattern to care for the muscles that are affected and part of the problem. By helping a patient realize what they can do to help the situation along with Massage Therapy properly applied, Migraine sufferers are able to once again take back control of their lives.
Date: Saturday, June 17th, 2023
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Cortiva Institute – St. Petersburg campus
2370 34th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33713
CE Credits: 8
Instructor: Anthony Guglielmo
About the Instructor:
As a graduate of the Swedish Institute Anthony became a Nationally certified therapist in 1995 and a NYS licensed massage therapist in 1996.
His practice includes working with many MD’s and Physicians handling a variety of medical conditions that Massage Therapy can be of great assistance.
Anthony has been a guest lecturer to medical students and Professors at Cornell University and Tufts University discussing the benefits of Massage Therapy and is also an author of medical papers and the internationally selling book “The Walrus on My Table” discussing his experiences of Massage Therapy on animals.
In addition to his private practice he is a partner with Cancer Treatment Centers of America working with those dealing with and surviving cancer treatments.
Anthony also provides continuing education classes on a variety of topics to help pass on the knowledge gained over the past 17 years and nearly 33,000 treatments..