Lomi Lomi – Temple Style – Hawaiian Therapeutic Massage with the use of Aromatherapy Oils
Lomi Lomi means …. “ To break up into small pieces “. It also means the “Dance of Massage”, “ Loving Hands Massage “, “ Prayer in Motion “ … implying a holistic ,intuitive approach.
This is a 1500 year old technique that aims at releasing all PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL congestion in the body, with a full body massage.
It is known in Hawaii as the “ Dance Of Massage” because of its long flowing style and continuous rhythm and beat accompanied by selected tribal music. The therapist and client will become entranced in a spiritual state. You will learn how to transform a loving touch into techniques for healing. The basis for Lomi Lomi is an integration of Mind – Body – Soul in a ritual of transformation and inspiration. The inspiration is from the Huna or “Pathway of life “ . Unlike a N.M.T. clinical massage, it calls for intuition, rhythm and flow, culminating in a therapeutic dance!
You will Learn:
- Some 12 strokes for a full body massage addressing long hardened, bulky muscles and cellulite
- Breathing techniques and meditation to conserve your energy and build stamina
- Circular , Spiraling and forearm techniques as well as kneading thumb techniques.
- How to address the diaphragm, the seat of our emotions
- Stretch techniques for upper and lower limbs
- The use of Aromatherapy essential oils on ear points and the body to really enhance your massage
- Stretch and strengthening exercises for the massage therapist
- Self care for the massage therapist and client.
Date: Saturday, May 20th & Sunday, May 21st, 2023
Time: 8:30am to 5:30pm both days
Cortiva Institute – Cromwell campus
45 Shunpike Road, Suite 10
Cromwell, Connecticut 06416
CE Credits: 18 Live Hours
Approved by: NCBTMB – PROV# 2797780-00/ Florida Board of Massage Therapy and Georgia Board of Massage Therapy – PROV # 50-1674
Instructor: Wolfgang Luckmann
Instructor bio: Wolfgang Luckmann A.P. (Acupuncture Physician), DiHom, L.M.T. is a licensed acupuncture physician, massage therapist and homeopath who has taught internationally for the last twenty years. He trained in traditional Chinese medicine at the Acupressure Acupuncture Institute, in Miami and in Clinical Advanced Therapeutic Massage at the College for Natural Health, also in Miami. He has pioneered many uses of Oriental Body Modalities for psycho-somatic disorders including treatments for ADHD/Hyperactivity and Autistic children. Currently he teaches workshops for massage therapists and acupuncturists all around the United States, and was inducted into the Massage Therapy Hall of Fame in 2015.
For more information, go to www.wolfgangluckmann.com.
What to bring: massage linens, note taking supplies and a great attitude!