Did you know ? “ The skin is no more separate from the brain than the surface of a lake is separate from its depths. They are two different locations in a continuous medium. To touch the surface is to stir the depths .” – Deane Juhan (author of Job’s Body )
Indian Head Massage has been practiced for many centuries as part of the family health care. Indina mothers would massage their children’s hair, head, neck and shoulders to stimulate growth. And relaxation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS ?
· To eliminate Excess
· To purify
· To Strengthen or Rejuvenate
· To maintain Strength
· Understanding and reinforcing the individuality of the patient.
· Ayurvedic massage goes beyond the purely aesthetic and superficial
· Ayurvedic massage also stimulates nerve function ( e.g. Bells Palsy )
· Improves relaxation, creating calmness and emotional well-being
· Concentration and alertness are optimized
· Myofascial pain, fibromyalgia and chronic internal disorders are addressed through stretches, opening up of the meridians and Ayurvedic acupressure points
· Other benefits include : Relief from tension headaches, eye-strain, ear problems, neck shoulder stiffness, sinusitis, scalp tension and mental fatigue.
PURPOSE OF WORKSHOP
· How to incorporate massage , oils and pressure point technique in 45 minutes.
· Explanation of the Ayurvedic understanding of the life force Prana,Ayurvedic massage and medicine
· How to evaluate , analyze and treat the client as an individual.
· The three different types of massage suited for each individual
· An explanation of the functions of and locations of the marmas (pressure points ) and nadis ( meridian system )
· The purpose of appropriate essential oils,carrier oils ,herbs and energetic qualities for each individual client.
· How to match the personality type ( Dosha ) to the massage stroke and oil
This is mainly a hands-on course.
Please bring: massage linens, and a hand towel.
Date: Friday, June 30thm 2023
Time: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Cortiva Institute – Pompano Beach Campus
2001 West Sample Rd. #100
Pompano Beach, FL 33064
CE Credits: 8
Approved by NCBTMB # 279778-00/ CE Broker # 50-1674
Instructor: Wolfgang Luckmann
Wolfgang Luckmann A.P. (Acupuncture Physician), DiHom, L.M.T. is a licensed acupuncture physician, massage therapist and homeopath who has taught internationally for the last twenty years. He trained in traditional Chinese medicine at the Acupressure Acupuncture Institute, in Miami and in Clinical Advanced Therapeutic Massage at the College for Natural Health, also in Miami.
He has pioneered many uses of Oriental Body Modalities for psycho-somatic disorders including treatments for ADHD/Hyperactivity and Autistic children. Currently he teaches workshops for massage therapists and acupuncturists all around the United States. For more information, go to www.wolfgangluckmann.com.