Foundations of Holistic Manual Therapy – Introduction
This course introduces the attendee to the foundational concepts, principles, assessments, and treatment methods of Holistic Manual Therapy as developed and taught by Dr. Todd Bezilla. It is a hands-on course that will provide the attendee the opportunity to enhance their critical thinking abilities as well as their clinical assessment and treatment options. The information presented can immediately be incorporated into their current practice.
Date: Saturday, September 24th, 2022
Time: 9 am – 5 pm (Please arrive no later than 15 minutes early.)
Instructor: Todd Bezilla, D.O., M.Ed., B.S., C.S.C.S
Cortiva Institute – King of Prussia
211 South Gulph Road, Suite 100
King of Prussia, PA 19406
CE Credits: 7 Live CEs (PA State Massage Board Approved)
Attendees should bring – a towel or sheet – to cover the table for hygiene. They should also dress in loose, comfortable clothing. The instructor tries to teach and have attendees work in a way where they will not be required to disrobe, as long as their clothing is loose and non-restricting and allows ease of touch and movement.
Upon completion of this course, the attendee will be able to:
• Name and discuss the foundational principles and philosophy of Holistic Manual Therapy.
• Name and discuss the major communication pathways in the body and their relationships.
• Name and discuss important laws and concepts of Holistic Manual Therapy.
• Name, discuss, demonstrate, and apply methods of assessment used in Holistic Manual Therapy.
• Name, discuss, demonstrate, and apply methods of treatment used in Holistic Manual Therapy.
• Identify best case scenarios to use and apply Holistic Manual Therapy.
• Discuss the theoretical structure/function mechanisms causing dysfunction expressed in the body from a Holistic Manual Therapy perspective.
• Describe and discuss the theoretical mechanisms of action explaining the effectiveness of Holistic Manual Therapy methods.
• List possible contraindications in using Holistic Manual Therapy methods.
• The education is provided using multiple mode methods including visual, oral, and manual (tactile) modalities. Demonstration and hands-on practice with guidance is used. Question and answer with repetition of important concepts is also used.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Dr. Todd Bezilla is a life-long health and fitness enthusiast that has been professionally providing Holistic health & fitness education and services for over 30 years.
Dr. Bezilla has devoted himself to sharing his knowledge and teaching others what he has learned during his life about the science and art of Holistic health & fitness.
This passion for helping others is what motivates Dr. Bezilla to develop and teach his educational courses. He feels that by teaching others his knowledge and methods, more people will be able to be helped.
Dr. Bezilla has taught thousands of manual therapists, personal trainers, and other health and fitness professionals. He has also worked with a variety of individuals in various settings, to help them learn how to achieve and experience improvements in their personal health and quality of life.
Academically, Dr. Bezilla has earned a Bachelors of Science (B.S.) in Chemistry-Biology, a Masters of Education (M.Ed.) in Exercise Physiology, and a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) – he also achieved AOBNM board certification in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (NMM/OMM) and competency certification in Cranial Osteopathy. Additionally, he earned the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.) credential.
• Being a practitioner or student of massage or other manual therapy.