Participants will learn hard wax techniques and how to complete a full Brazilian wax service.
Covered topics will include: ( but not limited to)
- Proper sanitation procedures,
- Benefits of using hard wax opposed to soft wax
- Proper draping
- Protocols and Procedures for Brazilian Waxing service.
Waxing supplies are included in the course.
Date: Sunday, June 4th, 2023
Time: 10am to 4pm
Number of Hours: 6
Hollywood Institute of Beauty Careers – West Palm Beach Campus
7587 South Dixie Highway | West Palm Beach, FL 33405
What to Bring:
- Note taking supplies – pen and notebook
- Fine point tweezer
- Slant point tweezer
- Brow Brush and Brow Scissors
- A model for you to practice the technique on. (see guidelines below)
- All Models must be at least 18 years of age
- Models need to arrive by 12:15pm.
- Model cannot be contraindicated for waxing services.
- Models cannot be on doctor prescribed medication such as accutane or any other skin medication.
- Model cannot have received any microdermabrasion, chemical peels, retinol, hydroquinone, laser treatment or IPL in the 3 weeks prior to being a model for waxing.
Instructor: Tasha Urena
Tasha Urena, is a bilingual English/Spanish instructor with over 10 years of experience specializing in Esthetics,
body treatments, and nail technology. Tasha has been trained and worked with the best in the industry. Tasha has
worked as a Skin Therapist for Ulta, Wax Specialist and a Strut Squad Ambassador for European Wax Center,
Master Esthetician for Hand & Stone, certified by Swarovski Crystal Academy, and a Bachelor Educator for the nail
brand Gelish. Tasha has been a Full Specialist Instructor for Hollywood Institute of Beauty Careers since 2018 and
currently holds the position of Lead Salon Coordinator.