Regular facials can rejuvenate the skin, helping clients look and feel their best. Whether they want to reduce the appearance of age spots or clear blocked pores, an effective facial can bring their skin into balance. And because the wellness and beauty industry is always changing, estheticians need to stay abreast of the latest trends in skincare to attract and retain clients.
HICI Go offers online skin care courses for industry professionals throughout the United States, including a course on HydraFacial’s. In addition to online learning, in-person instruction is available through HICI Go’s partner institutions in Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Learn more about the HydraFacial, its benefits, and HICI Go’s skincare courses.
What Is a HydraFacial?
This medical-grade facial is a service available at salons, spas, and dermatology clinics across the country. A customizable and noninvasive treatment, the HydraFacial is ideal for a variety of skin concerns, such as:
- Brown spots
- Dull or congested skin
- Enlarged pores or acne
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Oily or congested skin
- Uneven skin tone and texture
What makes a HydraFacial unique is that it is a hybrid service, combining exfoliation, extraction, and hydration into one treatment. Clients get more for their money with less downtime.
The Three-Step Process
A HydraFacial is administered with an FDA-approved, medical-grade device. Estheticians must have a special certification to offer HydraFacial’s.
Before beginning the treatment, a facialist will sit down with the client and discuss any skin concerns they have, as well as their current skincare routine. They will examine the patient’s face closely to look for any trouble spots, congestion, or other issues. The facialist will also explain the steps of the treatment and answer any questions the client may have.
The three-step process includes:
- Purification and peel: First, the esthetician exfoliates away dead skin cells and product buildup with a deplaning device to open the pores. Using a mix of glycolic and salicylic acid, the esthetician administers a gentle chemical peel that goes deep into the pores to rejuvenate the skin.
- Extract: Next, the esthetician clears out obstructed pores and blackheads using a painless nozzle that’s more effective than manual extractions.
- Infuse: Finally, the esthetician applies a customized antioxidant serum that hydrates the face, improves the skin’s elasticity, and locks in moisture.
While peels and serums can often be harsh on the skin, the HydraFacial treatments are gentle, minimizing any side effects like redness or peeling. Some estheticians will offer add-on services during the HydraFacial treatment, such as LED light therapy or lymphatic therapy, to further enhance the skin.
Getting a HydraFacial is a soothing, relaxing way to care for the skin. Many clients find their skin looks more youthful and even afterward, with fewer clogged pores and blemishes. Other benefits include:
- Efficiency: A HydraFacial treatment usually takes less than an hour to complete, and clients can resume normal activities and begin wearing makeup right away.
- Customizable: The facialist can personalize the serums used to address a client’s specific skin concerns, such as dullness or sagging skin.
- Versatile: The HydraFacial device can also be used on other areas when clients have skin concerns, including the hands, back, and neck.
Clients will typically notice the benefits for about four to six weeks. Because this type of facial is less invasive than other types of resurfacing treatments, it can be repeated every month or so.
Skin Care Courses Online and In-Person
HICI Go is a dedicated online center for continuing education. While our courses are geared toward industry professionals, both esthetics students and independent learners are welcome to sign up, as well. In addition to recorded video courses and live webinars, we offer in-person instruction on different skin care techniques through our nationally accredited partner schools: Cortiva Institute and Hollywood Institute. Additionally, any student who enrolls at Cortiva Institute or Hollywood Institute will be signed up for a HICI Go account to access our suite of online courses.
Advance Your Education With HICI Go Today
Whether you want to take an in-person esthetician continuing education course, register for a webinar, or complete a video course on your schedule, HICI Go can help. Our user-friendly platform makes it easy for professionals, students, and skin care enthusiasts to shop for courses at any time. In-person courses are available in Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
In addition to skincare courses, HICI Go’s extensive catalog covers topics such as barbering, cosmetology, business, and massage therapy. Courses are taught by experienced instructors and industry professionals, with clear learning objectives for each session. Are you ready to dive in? To sign up for a course or learn more about HICI Go, contact us today.